At MIA Hotels & Resorts we are implementing the highest hygiene standards to receive you very soon. That is why together with specialists and based on what the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO) dictates, we have created “SANITIZED & CLEAN”; a program whose main objective is to apply guidelines that see for the well-being of our dear guests and their families, with the “Safety and Hygiene Protocol” at MIA Hotels & Resorts.
The responsibility for a safe & relaxing stay is ours and everyone’s!
Ratifying our commitment to you,we have implemented safety and health measures so that your next stay in any of our destinations -Isla Mujeres, Bacalar and Villahermosa- is one of the best memories in your life.
• All areas of the hotel will be sanitized and disinfected using only excellent products that comply with the highest standards of cleanliness, purity and quality; these products are recommended to combat SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus).
• Antibacterial gel stations with at least 70% alcohol will be located at strategic points in each of the hotels.
• All products used for cleaning the hotels will be those which are exclusively endorsed by COFEPRIS and the National Ministry of Health.
• Everyone inside the hotel will be wearing face masks.
• Our staff, in addition to wearing cloth masks, will also wear plastic masks and gloves, ensuring your safety.
• Antibacterial gel will be offered upon arrival and upon departure.
• Clients are invited to wash their hands before entering the hotel.
• Temperature checks will be applied when entering and leaving the facilities (this applies to all hotel guests and collaborators).
• We will help in sanitizing your luggage before it enters the hotel.
• Transportation of luggage will always be sanitized.
• Each of the areas is supervised to verify that the sanitation points, by department, are complete.
• Rooms will be sanitized with high impact cleaners that disinfect any type of surface, removing up to 99% of bacteria and germs.
• The whitewashing process will be through a special wide spectrum cleaning agent manufactured with fifth generation ammonium salts, that help eliminate any type of germ.
• Each and every single one of the surfaces where guests can interact such as covers, reception desk, chairs, tables, lounge chairs, remote control, elevator, handles, and others, will be cleaned, several times during the day.
• It is recommended to respect 1.5 meters of distance between hotel staff and guests.
• Only 2 people can be in the elevators. Restrictions apply (such as families or people who require special help).
POOL, GYM AND SPA
• The lounge area must also respect “healthy distance”, with a separation of between 1.5 and 2 meters apart between guests.
• Access to the gym and spa will be under reservation, with a minimum of 12 hours in advance.
• Disinfection of the spa areas and cabins will be carried out with suitable chemicals to eliminate bacteria and germs. These will be made more than 4 times a day in order to maintain a healthy environment.
• In wet & humid areas such as steam and sauna, the load capacity will be reduced to 40% in order to ensure the hygiene and health of all guests.
• The use of face masks and plastic masks will be mandatory for all therapists and spa runners.
• The distance of 1.5 meters will be respected in the rest and hydrotherapy areas.
• A time of 25 minutes will be taken between each service to carry out the cleaning protocols.
*Cleaning in these areas will be constant and several times throughout the day.
• The pool area will be disinfected every day after closing, and life jackets, glass bottom kayaks and paddle boards will also be cleaned regularly.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
• The tables will be respecting “healthy distance”, with 2 mts of separation between them.
• All staff will wear face masks and/or plastic masks.
• Paper napkins will be used
• The menu will be available only in QR and in the bar.
• The utensils will go through a series of washing and disinfection steps based on chlorine and other chemicals.
• The table cloths will undergo a washing and cleaning process using the same procedure for white washing.
• All waiters must wash their hands for 20 seconds before setting up the service and after handing it over to the guest.
• At the check-in of each room, the minibar will be sanitized thoroughly.
• The service bar will be cleaned every 30 minutes.
(Airport – Hotel – Airport)
• Not all seats in the van will be occupied in order to maintain a healthy distance.
• Before and after each service, vans will be disinfected with deep cleaning chemicals that are great for removing any germ type.
• The driver will offer antibacterial gel before boarding the van.
• The driver must wear a face mask and / or face shield at all times.
MIA Hotels & Resorts has important health certifications such as the H and M distinctives.
Additionally, we have obtained the “SAFE TRAVELS” stamp from the World Travel & Tourism Council.
The specially designed stamp allows travellers to recognise governments and companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
We are committed to help you have an incredible experience, taking care of your well-being and that of your family!
See you very soon at your home in paradise!